DST Ends in Australia and NZ on April 3, 2011
Many places in Australia and New Zealand will end daylight saving time (DST) on Sunday, April 3, 2011. The clocks will move back one hour from 3am (03:00) local time to 2am (02:00) local time.
DST in Australia
There are four states and one territory that follow DST each year. States and territory that will end DST on Sunday, April 3, 2011 are:
- Australian Capital Territory.
- New South Wales.
- South Australia.
Australia has different time zones due to its large geographical size. DST is synchronized across these states and territory, although not all of these places are in the same time zone. Australia's daylight saving schedule will begin again on the first Sunday of October, when the clocks move forward by one hour at 2am (02:00) local time to 3am (03:00) local time on Sunday, October 2, 2011.
Areas that do not observe DST include the Northern Territory, Queensland, Western Australia, and Norfolk Island. Lord Howe Island does observe DST, however when DST ends the clocks will move back by half an hour to UTC+10:30 from being 11 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time, or UTC+11. timeanddate.com has more background information about time in Australia.
New Zealand’s Daylight Saving Schedule
New Zealand will also end their daylight saving schedule on Sunday, April 3, 2011. New Zealand’s daylight saving schedule slightly differs from Australia’s in which it annually starts on the last Sunday of September and ends on the first Sunday of April the following year. New Zealand will start DST again on Sunday, September 25, 2011. timeanddate.com has more background information on the time in New Zealand.
The Chatham Islands currently observes DST from the last Sunday of September until the first Sunday of April each year, as with the rest of New Zealand. The Chatham Islands are on UTC+12:45 when they do not observe DST. The islands move their clocks forward by one hour to UTC+13:45 when it is on DST.
- Morocco's 2013 Daylight Saving Time Schedule
- New Technology makes Time Travel possible
- Middle East DST Roundup - Syria and Lebanon announce Switch Dates
- West Bank and Gaza start Daylight Saving Time on March 29, 2013
- Haiti starts DST, will follow U.S. schedule in future
- Paraguay’s Daylight Saving Moved to March 24, 2013
More about Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time
- List of countries that observe Daylight Saving Time in 2013
- Upcoming Daylight Saving Time Clock Changes
- Daylight Savings Time vs Daylight Saving Time