Day and Night World Map
Watch the sun move across the sky.
Northern Hemisphere: (North America, Central America, Europe, Asia, northern Africa)December solstice 2012: December 21, at 11:12 UTC.
Southern Hemisphere: (Australia, New Zealand, South America, Southern Africa)June solstice 2012: June 20, at 23:08 UTC.
Solstices are opposite on either side of the equator, so the winter solstice in the northern hemisphere is the summer solstice in the southern hemisphere and vice versa.
First day of winter?
In the USA and some other areas in the northern hemisphere, the winter solstice marks the first day of winter. However, the official date for the first day of winter varies depending on the country's climate.
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
- Day and Night World Map – See which parts of the Earth are currently illuminated by the Sun
- June Solstice
- June Solstice Customs and Traditions
- December Solstice
- December Solstice Customs and Traditions
- September Equinox
- September Equinox Customs and Holidays
- An Explanation on Equinoxes
- Calendar for 2013
- Calendar Generator – Create a calendar for any year
- Duration between two dates – Calculates number of days